Having trained at NYU-Bellevue Medical Center with a concentration in Forensic Psychiatry, Dr. Salvage has been serving as an expert witness for criminal and civil matters for over 25 years. He has taught courses in forensics at NY Medical College, and has worked in the forensics division of the Fortune Society, The Health and Hospitals Corporation, and as a consultant for numerous private corporations and individuals.
He brings a wide and detailed scope of knowledge and expertise in psychiatry to bear on a wide range of criminal and civil matters, including:
- Competency to Waive Miranda Rights Sleep
- Competency to Stand Trial
- Parental Rights
- Child welfare custody
- Amnestic disorders and legal defense
- Undue influence
- Capacity to form intent
- Impulse disorders and substance abuse
- Malingering Emotional abuse
- Assessment of Dangerousness
- Malpractice Mental Health Treatment
- Issues related to Immigration Institutional Settings
Due to the confidential nature of Forensics Issues Dr. Salvage prefers to be contacted via telephone at (646) 373-1138.